ImgBurn Dual Layer Guide - Burn DVD VIDEO_TS folder to DVD DL disc
People can easily extract VIDEO_TS folder out of a DVD disc regardless various copy protections, and the outcome can be mirrored to ISO image or burnt to disc. As one of the best choice for DVD burning programs, ImgBurn definitely is your first choice. However, though troubles rarely occur when you burn to single layer disks, you’d better give a full lesson about how to write and burn DVD Video TS folder to double layer DVD disc using ImgBurn?
Things need to prepare:
1. Blank DVD R DL disc: We recommend Verbatim DVD R DL which is approved for high speed burning, up to 6X speed, allowing you to store up to 8.5GB of video in approximately 16 minutes.
2. Writing to DVD R DL discs requires a special DVD burner.
3. Latest version Imgburn, say version: 126.96.36.199. Released: 13th January 2011.
How to burn DVD file to double layer disc using ImgBurn?
Step 1: Open ImgBurn and choose Build mode. And set it as to Device output.
Step 2: Press the calculator to make set the layer break point on ImgBurn. At this point you will see a similar window to the one shown below. This is where you decide which bit of the film should be the first bit after the layer jump.
Step 3: Press 'Ok' and the programme will start writing DVD file onto your DVD dual layer Disc.
Tips and Tricks:
1. In Device volume, you can set the ImgBurn write speed as AWS (Automatically Write Speed), which gives Max speed as default.
2. In Options volume, choose File System as ISO9660+UDF, a standard ISO image file system.
3. In Labels volume, you can tab and enter the label in both fields (ISO9660 and UDF).
Bottom line: Yes, ImgBurn is good choice that gives reliable results to write and burn DVD Video TS folder to double layer DVD disc, but it also makes DVD (commercial) to ISO ripping process much more complicated due to lack of built-in DVD decrypter engine. At this moment, you can trust in another freeware - BDlot DVD ISO Master, an all-new movie DVD to ISO backup and ISO to DVD/CD/BD burner freeware, which is the only non-paid choice available to solely decrypt and backup any DVD to ISO with one single click. Aiming to deliver the best free DVD collection backup building tool, BDlot DVD ISO Master overmatches all these free-but-bundled similar utilities in many ways.