How to Backup Protected DVD as ISO Using DVD Shrink and ImgBurn?
There are many DVD programs that allow people to save their DVDs as ISO files for better backup and convenient future use. Well-known ImgBurn is a familiar tool to people in this aspect. However, it cannot support protected DVD to ISO backup. If one wants to save protected DVD to ISO with ImgBurn, he'd have to use a third party DVD decrypter to remove the DVD restriction first. DVD Shrink will help to do this.
Things need doing using DVD Shrink and ImgBurn are to convert the protected DVD to TS_Folder with DVD Shrink first, and then backup TS_Folder as ISO with ImgBurn. Here is a brief tutorial on how to backup protected DVD as ISO Using DVD Shrink and ImgBurn:
1. Download DVD Shrink and ImgBurn, and install them.
2. Launch DVD Shrink and insert the decrypted DVD you want to backup. Click "Open Disc" on the left top of the program, and that DVD structure will be displayed below. Click 'Backup' button to convert the whole DVD content to TS_folder. It normally will take about 15mins to complete converting.
3. Open ImgBurn and choose 'Create image file from files/folders' as below:
4. Select the folder converted before into the source box, and choose the destination of the output ISO file, and then click the big 'folder to iso' button:
5. The whole conversion will normally take about 5mins. After the converting is over, you will find the output iso file in the destination folder.
Easy to operate, isn't it? Yes, it's really nice to get the ISO file you want to by using DVD Shrink and ImgBurn. However, the whole process takes long. Besides, the ISO file will be of a lesser quality and smaller size compared with the original DVD. This is because the original DVD content is compressed into the folder by DVD Shrink. That's why many people find a vague video frame after burning the ISO on blank DVD disc.
Indeed, it's not the only or the best solution to backup protected DVD to ISO file. BDlot DVD ISO Master, the first freeware that specializes in saving both regular and protected DVD as ISO file, can help you realize protected DVD to ISO backup directly within only several minutes. Moreover, the ISO file output by BDlot DVD ISO Master will be of the same size and content, without any quality loss. It is really a user-friendly and professional program that works much more efficiently. Why not give a try on it and enjoy?